FastHasher is a free tool for hashing your files faster than ever!
The ideal tool for hashing all the iso images and files you've downloaded in a blink of an eye.
It's compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 in 32 & 64 bits.
Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and 2016 are supported.
Requirements: To have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher installed.
Prefer the portable version? You can get it here: FastHasher Portable.
Important, If you experience slowness on context menu hashing, then either:
- Add the application to exclusions in your Windows SmartScreen Filter (or turn off completely);
- Check if your Antivirus is not slowing things down (and add to exclusions too);
- Install all the updates for your Windows OS and current .NET Framework.
- Drag & Drop file selection
- FileDialog file selection
- "One file at a time" software
- Windows Explorer Context Menu (only available in installable version)
- Parallel hashing with different three algorithms at a time
- Hash Algorithms: MD5, SHA1, SHA256, SHA384 and SHA512
- Comparison field with auto removal on paste of the characters ' ', ':' and '-'.
- Buffer settings and other performance settings
- Autoload and save of the buffer and performance settings
- Check for file rights before computing
- Option to save results to .txt
- Resource friendly and highly optimized
- DPI aware intuitive GUI with a separate thread
- Double buffered application
- Multithreaded Application
- Wide compatibility
- No limitation for file size (can work with files bigger than 4 GB)
- The executable file of the installable version is only 569 KB
- The setup file size is only 4.24 MB
- Administrator privileges are not required for execution
- This tool is written in C#
- Developed by Tony Karavasilev (Тони Каравасилев)
- Use the default settings for best results;
- You can skip MD5 or SHA1 to lower CPU load on slower machines;
- Different SHA2 hash algorithms may be faster to compute on newer machines;
- Lower your buffer size for older machines with slow CPUs or slow disks;
- For SSD and/or newer CPUs you can change your buffer size to 8MB;
- Donations and e-mails always make all the problems go away;
- Keep your disk's filesystem clean of errors to avoid problems at all levels and costs;
- The Drag & Drop feature needs the Windows OS integrity to be clean and the .NET Framework to be intact;
- If it is still not enough, then add the application to exclusions in your Windows SmartScreen and Antivirus.
Need more advanced cryptography featues? See TNTCrypter.