When I ran the AdwCleaner, it scanned everything and found some problems. I clicked "Clean" and it said that all programs must be closed for it to run as safely as possible. When it was running and stopping programs while cleaning folders, files etc, at one point, it just "Stopped responding" for quite awhile. Should I wait even longer?

Re: AdwCleaner "stopped working"

UPDATE: It seems that when I deselected the folders, it continued to clean perfectly. Sadly I didn't run the crashing point with debug on, and cleaned the folders manually. Was my action correct or I did something bad?

Greetings,

First of all, thanks for your feedback.

You did nothing wrong. It would just have been easier with a debug logfile but we can still try to understand what was the issue.

Can you please share the scan logfile showing the folders that you cleaned manually?

Regards.

Hello,

My AdwCleaner log, found many issues, but the folders are listed, which I had to remove manually, because it always crashed once it started cleaning them.

http://pastebin.com/Lc2t5PVi

Regards.

Hello,

Thanks. Can you relaunch AdwCleaner, do a scan *and* a clean both in debug mode? (Tools > Options > Mode: "Debug")

Best regards,

Good morning,

Sadly after I manually cleaned the folders that the AdwCleaner coulden't clean, the pc "seems" clean for it, but I have my suspicions, because no program can clean a pc Completly. I will check if i had set debug on when i started cleaning before disableing the folder cleaning. 

Regards.

Hello again,

Updating the feedback.

This time I did some experimenting, and got a result: I didn't first have the debug on when cleaning the "uncleanable" folders, but now I created the same folders exactly in the same paths they were (empty ofc) and started scanning. After it scanned, it found those same folders as a threat. I clicked clean, and a few moments later, it "Stopped responding". over 10 minutes passed, and it continued it's job in cleaning and finished.

Strange if you ask me.

http://pastebin.com/g5HMhkLN

Until next time.

Hello,

Thanks! I think I've identified the issue, which should be fixed in the coming v6.043.

Thanks!

Hello,

You're welcome, when following adware problems occour, I'll be surely using AdwCleaner :) It's quick, compact and finds the most common malicious files where an pc-consumer woulden't know where to search.

Regards.