Ran Adwcleaner 6.045 and was not notified of new version 6.046 being available. I seen the new version available and downloaded it manually.

Re: Not notified of new version running Adwcleaner 6.045

This is a known problem, utility and database could not be updated on XP. The problem is on the site side. Admins are working on this.  

regist thanks for the update! 6.046 seems to load database when ran.

Hello,

Sorry for te delay, but as regist says it's on my backlog. However, please note that we may consider the support of Windows XP as best effort/optional in future AdwCleaner releases since it decreases the overall program security. And XP, as Vista are deprecated for a long time now.

Best regards,

No problem with the delay, I understand. I will stick with Adwcleaner as long as it supports XP.

Do you have a plan to move from XP instead? :)

Because of a legacy application that doesn't run on something more recent?

Because of a legacy application that doesn't run on something more recent?

fr33tux, 2017-04-27 02:07:58 (UTC)

With my old laptop and the programs installed on it for backing up DVD's, Cd backup and ripping, conversion to mp3 and surfing the web there is nothing I can not do at this time. It is the $$$$ to be spent to upgrade.  Some of the programs I use have not been updated for about 10 years and I am not sure they would run on a newer OS.

Ok!

You may also consider moving to Linux, there is a lot of good software for backups, CD/DVD ripping and web surfing even on legacy hardware.

Best regards,

fr33tux, thanks for the suggestion.

When running 6.046 in normal mode it appears to run OK using the server database with no signs of errors, I ran it in debug mode and the errors show up for failure to get the release number and database update and also sending the stats.

With no errors showing up when running the program normally there is no way to know there is a problem. Also on the download page for 6.046 it still states XP is supported.

Edit - With not getting the server based database does it default to the local databse and at least scan with the defintions when the version was released.

Hello,

Yes, if there's a failure with the network (or if there's no network at all), it fallbacks to the in-app database updated at each release).