Downloaded the program about 10 minutes ago.  Ran program and got the error messsage that says the program is outdated.  Are you now working in the future and posting programs that we cannot see yet?

Re: Problems

A closely related issue is the lack of distinguishing version numbers.  There seem to have been several 7.0.1.0 betas, followed today by a non-beta 7.0.1.0.  Could each file be named dfferently — it's confusing when you run 7.0.1.0, and a notice pops up telling you to update your file, and the file on the website is still called 7.0.1.0.

Greetings,

Downloaded the program about 10 minutes ago.  Ran program and got the error messsage that says the program is outdated.  Are you now working in the future and posting programs that we cannot see yet?

Torrin, 2017-07-31 19:46:39 (UTC)

This issue is known and will be resolved in a couple of hours. In the meantime, you can just discard the outdated version message. Sorry for the inconvenience.

A closely related issue is the lack of distinguishing version numbers.  There seem to have been several 7.0.1.0 betas, followed today by a non-beta 7.0.1.0.  Could each file be named dfferently — it's confusing when you run 7.0.1.0, and a notice pops up telling you to update your file, and the file on the website is still called 7.0.1.0.

Koala, 2017-08-01 01:14:37 (UTC)

Each new beta version published on this page is different. You can take a look at their respective changelogs. See them as "beta1, beta2 and so on..". We'll try to make it more understandable in the future.

Regards.

V7.0.2.0 Beta:  Thanks for your statement about 'Initial work to choose between release|beta update tracks',  In response, I'm reporting on my confusion this morning about which version the 'Download' button is going to give me.

* The 'Download' button at https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/ downloads V7.0.1.0.  There is a mention on the webpage of V7.0.2.0 Beta, but no indication of how to get it.

* The orange 'Beta' looks clickable, but is not.  I found, however, that I could click on 'AdwCleaner' at the left-hand end of that Beta line.

* Clicking brought me to https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/files/1040/ which looks almost identical to the first page ---.the heading at the top is V7.0.1.0, and there is certainly no 'Beta' heading.  This page also has a 'Download' button, but this time --- surprise --- it downloads V7.0.2.0 Beta. 

Downloading the right version should not be some sort of puzzle for the user to solve. 

Hello,

First of all, thanks for your feedback.

• The main Download button will let you download the latest main version of AdwCleaner (obviously, not a beta version). The 7.0.1.0 as week speak.
  • Next, about the "mention of the 7.0.2.0". We're able to highlight versions right into the main webpage of a project. This space helps us to display the coming versions of AdwCleaner.

I'll try to make things clearer. Changes should be up next Friday. I'll keep you posted.

Regards.

Hello,

Just a follow-up.

I hope these amendments clears up the confusion.

Regards.

Thanks for that! The beta versioning was needed badly. As the users were not aware that it was updated and even when I recommended the software for some people it was hard to point out that it was in fact updated.