The last times I run AdwCleaner it shows some folders of the german email client program Tobit David to delete. Can this be right? We use this program for over 10 years and we don´t know any adware. Is this false positve detection? There are shown the following folders:

Bei den letzten Scans mit AdwCleaner wird der deutsche Email-Client Tobit David als zu löschen angezeigt. Das kann doch nicht richtig sein oder? Wir nutzen das Programm bereits über 10 Jahre und wissen von keiner enthaltenen Adware. Ist das ein Fehlalarm? Folgende Ordner werden angezeigt:

C:\ProgramData\Tobit

C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Common FIles\Tobit

C:\Users\user.xyz\AppData\Local\Tobit

C:\Users\user.xyz\AppData\Roaming\Tobit

Re: False positive detection / Fehlerhafte Erkennung: Tobit David Client?

Hello,

Indeed, it's in the database. Can you provide the download link where you got the David Client ?

Best regards,

Download Link Tobit David Client?

Hello,

this application is for licensed users only. It´s an email application like Microsoft Exchange with server and client modules. We installed it over 10 years ago and did periodically updates until to the actual state.

The latest version can be downloaded under:

http://download4.tobit.com/0abfjhjikqim06bdkdig6da47b211df9724057ef1f0f735b3e91/public/david.fx12.iso

The client module is updated automatically by the server module. There is no need to download separately.

In my oppinion it´s an professional application without any adware. So there is no need to delete the listed folders. The result of deletion would end in malfunction of the Tobit David application. I think it should be removed from the databases.

Re: False positive detection / Fehlerhafte Erkennung: Tobit David Client?

Hello,

I'll make some tests, and the changes may be effective in the v6, coming in a few weeks.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Best regards,