I'm a first time user.Want to be sure I don't delete anything I should not delete. I know these are registry files.  Delete?

. Also wondering about the x86 application updater in program files   Should I authorize the delete?

Re: ADW Cleaner wants to delete about 40 HKCU and HKLM key and val files

Hello,

AdwCleaner has two functions to avoid problems with false detections, first it has a scan only method, that allow us to see what it will delete, and second, it has a quarantine function for when a mistake occcured.

I'm here to help you, and to be sure that all items detected by AdwCleaner must be delete, I will need more data about them. So can you post us the entire log file ?

You can find it in C:/AdwCleaner/AdwCleaner[SX].txt where X is a number.

Chapi

Hello,

An administrator of the forum just forward me your message containing the log file. I understand your fears, but in that case, they are not founded. The developpers of the softwares that we use for curing computers on forum are conceived to be respectful of the user privacy. The only potentially private datas are : the name of the user, of the computer and a list of the software that you use. Your user name is not really relevant as you have also use it as a pseudonym on this forum.

In fact, the administrators of this forum are really concerned about privacy, and they won't allow any thing that could damage it.

But let's return to the real subject :

I've study your log file, and all the entries are toolbars or unwanted extensions.

You can for example make a little search on the web about : snap do, ask, tarma, conduit, price gong...

So you can delete all of them by running again AdwCleaner and using the cleaning function. Can you then post here the repport to check if everything went well ?

AdwCleaner only search for adware and PUP. You may consider doing a deeper scan in your computer in order to completly clean it.

In order to do that, can you follow the following instructions :

• Download ZHPDiag from Nicolas on his website
  • Then run it with administrator's rights (with right click)
  • Then upload the log file on up2share
  • Then post the link in your reply

Chapi

Chapi,   OK. Thanks for helping me. I deleted all the toolbars and unwanted extensions ADW detected. All looks good so far.

Hello,

I'm glad I could help you,

Don't hesitate to come back if you have an other question or issue.

Chapi