On windows 8.1  what are the settings that should be checked in the latest verion of adwcleaner?  is winsock and tracing to bechecked?

Re: settings on adwcleaner?

Hello,

It depends on your needs. In most cases, you shouldn't touch the default settings if you don't know what you are doing.

Please refer to the documentation.

Regards,

Thanks for the reply I have been using a version on windows 7 and never noticed the the winsock or tracing  log on the version on windows 7.

Are the winsock and tracing default settings on the version for windows 8.1?  i do not have a problem just a question.. i have never  changed anything or had any issues, works fine.

thanks

Hello,

Yes, these options are checked by default.

Regards,

I guess i over looked are these supposed to be for Windows 7 as well, i have never seen them mentioned in the log files?

I'll have ro check, but would like to know why they are not showing if they should be?

tks

Hello,

These settings are checked by default no matter what OS you are using, so they should always appear on the logfile unless you deactivate them.

Regards.

Thanks,  it was an older version 4 something,  that was the reason,, new one updated, ok now

thanks

If there is a way you close threads , you can this one , being i'm new here , do not know  how you do that or if you do.

If there is a way you close threads , you can this one , being i'm new here , do not know  how you do that or if you do.

badgerirc, 2016-02-06 19:55:31 (UTC)

You just have to check the green mark above the message which solve the problem.

I've done it :)

Regards,