Version 5.11 is completely reseting and removing all extension in google chrome including Adblock Plus.

So rectify this by updating new version.

Re: Google Chrome

Hello,

Can you provide the whole logfile ? It's in C:\AdwCleaner\

Best regards,

I've got the same problem. AdwCleaner is removing all google history, deleting extentions, and all open websites. I even have to log in to my google account each time after using adwcleaner. To me it's a fatal bug

I've got the same problem. AdwCleaner is removing all google history, deleting extentions, and all open websites. I even have to log in to my google account each time after using adwcleaner. To me it's a fatal bug

@mike25 : Please provice the whole logfile (C:\AdwCleaner\), thanks.

Hello,

This is not a bug. Since v5.111, AdwCleaner has a new option called "Reset Chrome preferences" which effectively reset all chrome preferences. You can deactivate this option by unchecking it under "Options" menu.

Regards,

Hello,

This is not a bug. Since v5.111, AdwCleaner has a new option called "Reset Chrome preferences" which effectively reset all chrome preferences. You can deactivate this option by unchecking it under "Options" menu.

Regards,

Xplode, 2016-04-15 16:58:32 (UTC)

This is stupid since most people have chrome customized to their preferences and don't want to do it all over again just because someone behind AdwCleaner decided to erase everything in chrome enabling this option on default without user permission and knowledge. This option definetely should be disabled on default. We were not informed about this and me personally don't want to experience similar "surprises" in the future. Because of AdwCleaner i had to set everything all over again.

Hello,

Information regarding modification throughout new versions are written in the changelog which can be consulted on AdwCleaner's download page. 

This option is now disabled by default.

Regards,

Hello,

The documentation is also available here : https://toolslib.net/forum/viewthread/182-en-adwcleaner-documentation/

It's currently being updated to reflect the latests modifications, but you'll find all the available options and explanations to use the software.

Best regards,