Version 1.2.96 - (February 13, 2017)
- You can now change firewall modes from the GlassWire Windows tray menu. Right click the GlassWire icon in the bottom right Windows tray to change modes.
- The year is now added to the GlassWire network tab.
- Three security upgrades were made due to HackerOne bug reports.
- Fixed a problem where a network scan could cause the GlassWire service to crash.
- We added protection so third party DLL files can no longer interact with GlassWire and cause it to crash.
Version 1.2.88 - (December 27, 2016)
- You can now scan manually for devices under GlassWire's "Network" tab. Basic, Pro, and Elite users will have an automatic scan every 30 minutes, while free users can scan manually by pressing the "scan" button. We made this change because GlassWire was scanning so often in our previous update that some types of network hardware were giving false positives about GlassWire causing a network problem.
- To disable Network auto-scanning completely create a text file called glasswire.conf and place it in the c:\programdata\glasswire\service folder. Add this string to the text file: enable_network_scan = false then restart the GlassWire service. We plan to add a setting for this in the future.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some users to crash.
Version 1.2.79 - (November 21, 2016)
- GlassWire's network tab functionality has been rewritten from scratch! GlassWire now picks up new network connected devices faster, and shows more accurate information. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
- Fixed a bug where some users would click the GlassWire icon in the Windows taskbar tray and nothing would happen.
- Made a change to allow GlassWire to work with some VPN services that don't allow reverse host lookups.
- Many other bug fixes and resource usage improvements.
Version 1.2.76 - (October 20, 2016)
- Removed an old unreliable cipher between the client and the service to improve connection security.
- Changed the default listening port to port 7010 to avoid false positive scans for some security software. This means that you must install GlassWire locally and on your remote servers for this update or the connection will not work.
- Fixed a problem where some free users would see a crash when trying to start a remote connection to another PC or server.
- Graph history is now more securely erased when cleared by the user.
- Local traffic is detected even more accurately now.
Version 1.2.74 - (September 15, 2016)
- Fixed a problem where no remote servers were selected in the list by default.
- Fixed a bug with the alerts counter.
- The mini viewer caption now shows "local" traffic when necessary.
- The network tab would show an IP with all zeros for some users in some rare cases. This problem is now fixed.
- Miscellaneous performance improvements and bug fixes.
Version 1.2.73 - (August 5, 2016)
- GlassWire is no longer in beta!
Version 1.2.71 beta - (July 4, 2016)
- Fixed a bug where some users would receive a DLL integrity error.
Version 1.2.70 beta - (June 30, 2016)
- Labels for devices are now available under the "network" tab. Mouse over the network device you want to give a custom name to, then click the "label" bubble to make a custom name.
- Alerts are now automatically marked as "read" if a desktop alert pop-up is closed by the mouse.
- "Sort by IP" is now working properly under the "network" tab.
- Fixed some problems reported on HackerOne.
- Minor bug fixes and further resource usage optimizations.
Version 1.2.64 beta - (May 10, 2016)
- Solved a problem reported on HackerOne.
- Improved data statistic accuracy along with improving local and external traffic type detection.
- Fixed a bug with remote connections for specific hosts.
- Fixed a bug with application path resolving.
- Fixed bugs with the Usage/Apps section and improved its functionality.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Usage tab to not load for some users.
- Fixed a problem with Incognito mode.
- Many new small fixes and improvements.
Version 1.2.57 beta - (April 12, 2016)
- GlassWire 1.2 is finally here! This 1.2 update is a major rewrite that was done to decrease memory usage significantly for all GlassWire users.
- Overall memory usage for GlassWire decreased significantly, even with very long graph histories.
- Fixed a bug with "Ask to connect" mode where it did not work properly for a small number of users.
- Fixed a bug with "Ask to connect" mode where SMB, LDAP, and VPN connections would not work in some cases.
- Fixed a bug for Microsoft Surface users where GlassWire could sometimes cause problems when the Surface is idle.
- The graph "Max" value is now replaced with the real amount of downloaded and uploaded data in that graph period to make it easier to understand.
- Fixed a bug where the bandwidth overage monitor would not work correctly for some users in some cases.
- Turkish language support is now available in GlassWire. Go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose Turkish as your language option.
- This update also includes dozens of other bug fixes reported by users in the forum and reported to our helpdesk. Thanks for your help in testing this major new version of GlassWire!
Version 1.1.41 beta - (Jan 29, 2016)
- Updated our installer to avoid a potential vulnerability reported on HackerOne.
- Fixed a bug where some GlassWire clients in some unusual circumstances would crash at midnight.
Version 1.1.39 beta - (Dec 24, 2015)
- Updated our installer to avoid a potential DLL vulnerability reported on HackerOne.
- The installer was released, then removed due to a false positive virus warning from a popular antivirus. GlassWire's false positive virus warning was removed after contacting the antivirus company and we then re-released the update. There were also minimal changes made to the installer to see if it might help us avoid future false positives.
Version 1.1.36 beta - (Dec 3, 2015)
- GlassWire now makes it easy to remove old apps from the Firewall tab. Click the X next to the app name to remove it. The app will re-appear in the firewall list if it accesses the network again.
- Fixed a problem that caused Webcam and Mic usage to not be detected for some Windows 10 users with a specific system update.
- Added upload and download bandwidth levels on the mini viewer for paid users.
- Fixed a bug that caused settings under the "Usage" tab to not be saved.
- GlassWire now restores the install path from the previous installation.
- Many other tweaks and fixes due to user feedback.
Version 1.1.32 beta - (Oct 14, 2015)
- Made a minor change to the install process to make it more efficient.
Version 1.1.31 beta - (Oct 8, 2015)
- Fixed a problem that caused some GlassWire user PCs to wake from sleep under certain conditions.
Version 1.1.27 beta - (Sep 29, 2015)
- Fixed a problem where webcams and mics were not detected for some users.
Version 1.1.26 beta - (Sep 23, 2015)
- Go to the General settings to choose the "Keep mini viewer on top" option.
- Fixed a path problem for applications running on a shared network.
- Fixed a bug where "Ask to connect" and "Block all" modes would not work in a few cases for some users.
- Added a new flag for geographic locations for IP addresses which are not local and do not resolve.
- Fixed a bug where some devices on the network had strange characters next to their name for some users.
Version 1.1.21 beta - (Jul 30, 2015)
- Inactive firewall applications are now grouped separately under the "Firewall" tab if they show no attempted network activity for 7 days.
- Now get alerted about new unknown devices that join the network, instead of getting alerts about every device that joins or leaves the network. Go to GlassWire's settings then choose "Security" then click "Network device monitor".
- DNS is now resolved for local hosts.
- Away intervals now appear in the "mini" graph.
- Many fixes and improvements including a bug that caused GlassWire's graph not to start working for some users.
Version 1.1.15 beta - (May 29, 2015)
- Many bugs were fixed including some problems with Ask to connect mode, Webcam/Mic usage alerts, the Internet access monitor, and we also fixed a problem where some users would lose their graph data after upgrading GlassWire.
- A bug was fixed where GlassWire's service would crash for some users in some situations.
- This version of GlassWire is now fully translated to all our translated languages.
- The mini viewer now shows the current main graph status in its window along with the ability to make the window transparent in its settings. Mouse over the mini graph then click the small settings icon to make the mini graph transparent.
- We were able to fix these problems and update our features due to your feedback and support. Thank you for all your help and thanks for supporting GlassWire!
Version 1.1.7 beta - (Apr 30, 2015)
- GlassWire Basic, Pro, and Elite are now available for purchase!
- GlassWire has many new features for paying users including;
- Ask to connect mode - Allow or deny new network connections.
- Block all mode - Block all network connections while you're away from your computer.
- Mini graph - See a mini GlassWire graph on your desktop that's available at all times.
- Webcam & Mic detection - Get alerted to any Microphone or Webcam activity that takes place with your computer and learn what application is responsible.
- Who's on your WiFi or Network - See what devices are currently on your network or WiFi and get alerted when new devices join or leave.
- Awesome new skins - Go to the top left GlassWire menu to see the graph with some fun new skins and colors.
- Longer graph history - Get longer graph histories depending on what version of GlassWire you buy.
- Multiple server monitoring - Monitor multiple servers depending on what version of GlassWire you buy.
- Hide application activity - Hide certain applications where their data doesn't appear on the graph so the graph is easier to read and understand.
Version 1.0.45 beta - (Apr 23, 2015)
- Certificate changes were made to add backwards compatibility with older OS versions.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Version 1.0.44 beta - (Apr 16, 2015)
- GlassWire is now signed by an SHA256 certificate.
- Bug fixes.
Version 1.0.43 beta - (Apr 14, 2015)
- Bug fixes.
- Stability improvements.
Version 1.0.40 beta - (Mar 12, 2015)
- We have worked hard to significantly improve GlassWire's memory usage. Please upgrade as soon as possible if you have found GlassWire is using too much memory on your computer.
- Fixed a problem where Portuguese units were incorrectly listed.
- The GlassWire certificate is now removed from trusted publishers on uninstall.
- Many other minor fixes and improvements.
Version 1.0.38 beta - (Feb 19, 2015)
- GlassWire added Korean, Spanish, and Portuguese translations. Go to the top left "GlassWire" menu to choose your language.
- High resolution monitors should now display GlassWire correctly for Windows 8 users.
- A problem where remote connections didn't always work is now fixed.
- The process of transmitting data from the GlassWire service is now optimized and much faster.
- It's now possible to mute certain alerts that you don't want to see. Go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose "Settings" then uncheck the "show desktop notification" box.
- If you receive an alert that your DNS settings were changed GlassWire now includes more detailed information including your current and previous DNS addresses.
- Many other bugs and instability problems were fixed, plus many optimizations were made to make GlassWire work more efficiently. Thank you for reporting problems to us in the forum and via email so we can fix them.
Version 1.0.35 beta - (Dec 26, 2014)
- GlassWire is now translated to German, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Chinese. Go to the top left "GlassWire" menu to choose your language.
- If GlassWire itself is blocked from accessing the Internet the firewall will warn you that you may miss software updates and your suspicious host list won't be updated.
- Rate limiting added for remote servers.
- We fixed many bugs reported by users. Thank you for your support and happy holidays!
Version 1.0.30 beta - (Nov 07, 2014)
- Fixed a problem where a small number of users were experiencing a BSOD error in some situations.
- Other stability fixes and improvements.
Version 1.0.28 beta - (Oct 23, 2014)
- User interface optimizations and stability improvements including showing idle time in the bottom mini graph.
- Remote access passwords encrypted on the hard drive. Your remote access passwords now must be re-entered on the client and server sides.
- Invalid remote password attempts rate limited.
- Windows 10 now supported.
- Darker easier to read text.
- Some Usage tab calendar bugs are now fixed.
- A strong password meter was added for remote access.
- Animations were added for the connection re-establishment process.
- Remote access failure to connect reported by users is now fixed.
- Notifications displayed outside the desktop is now fixed.
- Blank admin password issue is now fixed.
- GlassWire now uses the Windows OS UAC mechanism instead of password checks. If you are not admin you will be asked for your password, but if you are admin you may only see the UAC prompt.
Version 1.0.25 beta - (Sep 17, 2014)
- Update notification bug fixed.
Version 1.0.24 beta - (Sep 11, 2014)
- GlassWire driver installation issues are fixed.
- Fixed a problem where some security applications claimed GlassWire is watching the clipboard.
- Fixed a problem that caused the GlassWire "Usage" tab to look bad on some monitors.
Version 1.0.23 beta - (Sep 04, 2014)
- Service description added to the Windows Service Manager.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused GlassWire to crash if the Windows Firewall was disabled.
- Alert numbers added to the GlassWire taskbar icon.
- Ugly font problems some users experienced on Surface tablets and other hardware fixed.
- Pin to taskbar is now unchecked by default in the installer.
- Fixed a problem where GlassWire looked ugly in remote desktop sessions.
- Fixed a driver issue where some users reported a BSOD.
- Fixed a problem where some users saw only "visualizing network" with no graph data.
- Many other small bug fixes and improvements. Thank you for your feedback and bug reports.
Version 1.0.21 beta - (Aug 21, 2014)
- GlassWire's first software release and launch date!