user_avatar****

Not sure where to direct this but does anybody have any experience with running adwcleaner while having Astrill VPN service? Seems to come up as a false positive and removes some things from registry after a scan having the Astrill app for their VPN service. I cant conclude if its the actual proxy addon for firefox for VPN to tunnel traffic through that is being removed or what as i have no knowledge of these sorts of things. I just know running adwcleaner and cleaning the registry items that popped up now renders my Astrill openweb service useless. Maybe somebody with the service has a more detailed explanation as to why this is happening? Or if in fact its just not a trusted/certified program that triggers a false positive which is why certain things are being stripped from the registry rendering it useless? no idea thought id ask here! Thanks for any and all insight to this!

Re: Astrill VPN app

This is the exact .txt log after keys were removed. Tested it again uninstalled the VPN service app, redownloaded it, and it works. Ran adwcleaner same keys in registry are being found and put in quarantine. Now VPN service is not able to work in openweb.

# AdwCleaner v5.114 - Logfile created 29/04/2016 at 22:20:46
# Updated 27/04/2016 by Xplode
# Database : 2016-04-27.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 10 Home  (X64)
# Username : Len - WRECKSHOP
# Running from : D:\Tools\adwcleaner_5.114.exe
# Option : Clean
# Support : http://toolslib.net/forum

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLLs ] *****

***** [ WMI ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{533403E2-6E21-4615-9E28-43F4E97E977B}
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{6CE321DA-DC11-45C6-A0FC-4E8A7D978ABC}
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F62A4AF9-58B4-4FEC-89CC-D717A547D8E8}
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{0FCE4F01-64EC-42F1-83E1-1E08D38605D2}
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{1A2A195A-A0F9-4006-AF02-3F05EEFDE792}
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{2D9DB233-DC4B-4677-946C-5FA5ABCF506B}
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{4C0A69B0-CE97-42B7-86FC-08280C99C74D}
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{C1F5E799-B218-4C32-B189-3C389BA140BB}
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{F60C9408-3110-4C98-A139-ABE1EE1111DD}

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

:: "Tracing" keys deleted
:: Winsock settings cleared

C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C2].txt - [1495 bytes] - [29/04/2016 22:20:46]
C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S6].txt - [1504 bytes] - [29/04/2016 22:20:13]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C2].txt - [1641 bytes] ##########

Hello,

What do you mean by "I just know running adwcleaner and cleaning the registry items that popped up now renders my Astrill openweb service useless." and "Now VPN service is not able to work in openweb." ?

You do not succeed to reach any website ?

Did you try the following command in cmd.exe (launch it through the "start menu" and enter the following command) :

ping 8.8.8.8

Does it work ?

I'm able to ping any DNS IP including googles that u asked of me. 

My question is more in relation to understanding what was removed from adwcleaner which makes my Vpn not be able to mask my IP address like it's suppose to. I posted the log showing the keys that were deleted or quarantined by adwcleaner from my registry. I'm assuming its flagging the astrill Vpn app in some fashion because it no longer works after a clean - meaning it no longer masks my IP address like a vpn should ( rendering it useless). Maybe that's not the case? Maybe it's something totally diff. By helping me understand the log above which shows several keys in registry deleted/ quarantined would possibly lead to understanding why my Vpn is no longer working as intended. Possibly it's a false positive that can be checked out so it no longer removes certain things in registry so it can work? That is why I'm trying to reach out. 

You confirm that if you ping google.com it doesn't work ? (or if you enter http://5.196.175.179 in your browser, it works, but not https://fr33tux.org ?)

I can ping 8.8.8.8 which is googles dns right? I'm trying to make a connection with that other ip you're asking me about. I'm away from the pc at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I'm able to ping those addresses. is that relevant to those registry keys adwcleaner is removing? 

Ok. I'll make more tests and I'll come back to you asap.

It should be fixed now, can you confirm ?

Will attempt when I get home and will update with results 

Sorry long night, but can confirm all false positive flags have since been removed. Nothing suspicious is now being picked up and application is working as intended! Thankyou very much for looking into this, it is much appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback !