KeePassXC is a community fork of KeePassX, a native cross-platform port of KeePass Password Safe, with the goal to extend and improve it with new features and bugfixes to provide a feature-rich, fully cross-platform and modern open-source password manager.
The project repository is available on GitHub.
To stay up to date with news about the project, you can also follow us on Twitter.
- Secure storage of passwords and other private data with AES, Twofish or ChaCha20 encryption
- Cross-platform, runs on Linux, Windows and macOS without modifications
- File format compatibility with KeePass2, KeePassX, MacPass, KeeWeb and many others (KDBX 3.1 and 4.0)
- SSH Agent integration
- Auto-Type on all supported platforms for automagically filling in login forms
- Key file and YubiKey challenge-response support for additional security
- TOTP generation (including Steam Guard)
- CSV import from other password managers (e.g., LastPass)
- Command line interface
- Stand-alone password and passphrase generator
- Password strength meter
- Custom icons for database entries and download of website favicons
- Database merge functionality
- Automatic reload when the database was changed externally
- Browser integration with KeePassXC-Browser for Google Chrome, Chromium, Vivaldi, and Mozilla Firefox.
For a full list of new features and changes, have a look at the full KeePassXC changelog.
For Linux users: https://keepassxc.org/download/#linux