Seems same problem with .023 as was with .019, 020 and ,021.  Run file get HDD activity light then nothing. .018 worked and .022 worked. renaming .021 and .023 to adwcleaner.exe allows program to run.

Re: Adwcleaner not working with XP SP3

Hi

probably depending of configuration XP-SP3... someones work, others do not !!!

very ennoying at all.................

Hello,

Can you try in safe-mode (with network support) and tell me if it works ? It seems to solve the problem for a lot of users.. In the meantime, we're still investigating for the root cause.

Thank you for your help.

Hi fr33tux! Sorry for the late response and thanks to those responsible for adwcleaner!

adwcleaner_5.023.exe works in safe mode with networking. As mentioned previously it also works by renaming adwcleaner_5.023.exe to adwcleaner.exe and the same thing with .021 This renaming ws suggested by bamacola's post on the download page.

I'm running XP Home SP3 and latest Avast Antivirus with latest definition update.

Anything else I can do to help let me know.

ff33tux I do not know what changed but the fresh download I did for the test in safe mode works as is without renaming. I just tried it from the download directory and quick lauch and all is good!

Edit I did make 1 change on my end I went from AVG antivirus which did not give an alert to Avast antivirus.

Hello,

Thank for this feedback. We're still investigating...

Just a little more feedback. After scanning the pop up no malicious software found comes up, but also shown is uncheck what you want to keep. Checking the logfile shows that nothing was found. Checking all the tabs also lists nothing to remove.

Edit here is link to pic

http://postimg.org/image/417a2fu61/

Hello,

@Rufus415 : Yes, this pop-up informs you that nothing has been found, so nothing will be shown in the logfile nor in the software's interface.

We should indeed hide the message asking to uncheck if the pop-up is shown.

Thanks for your feedback.