Some strange thing is going on when I try to download ADWCleaner 7.0.8 I assume it is on my side but please confirm. Most of the time downloaded file is corrupted with wrong checksums. It was 100% always corrupted when downloaded with Download Master (download manager) until I finally set option of "download files in 1 thread" AND it must not rename a file at the end if already same named file exist.

When I tried to download it with built-in browser it also downloaded with corruption most of the time (Waterfox) until I tried Firefox 52 with Multiprocess DISABLED). It works always.

I assume it might be a virus, what is a possibility of this? Or it is a site?

Re: ADWCleaners is downloaded with corruption constantly

Greetings,

The issue with download managers is known and will be resolved at the end of the week. In the meantime, please avoid using any download manager while downloading AdwCleaner - it should then work as expected.

To be more precise, this is related to parallel download feature (in Chrome, since version 64) and some other download managers.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards.

Hello,

This issue should now be resolved. Can you confirm?

Thanks.

Hello,

This issue should now be resolved. Can you confirm?

Thanks.

cocochepeau, 2018-02-26 13:47:00 (UTC)

Wow! It's even worse now!

1. Download manager (with 2 threads and above) now brings errors that file has changed after few seconds of downloading. When I click 'download anyway' same happens few seconds later.

2. When I click link 'Click here if download didn't start' I see this error in browser:

Corrupted Content Error

The site at https://download.toolslib.net/download/file/1/1388?s=Lpg7c9bCD2gh11umjXODDAaFvUE9MQp4 has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Hello,

Can you give me the steps to reproduce this issue?

• What web browser / version ;
  • With or without download manager, etc..

Thanks.

Hello,

Can you give me the steps to reproduce this issue?

• What web browser / version ;
  • With or without download manager, etc..

Thanks.

cocochepeau, 2018-02-28 19:19:42 (UTC)

Just use Download Master with 2 or more simultanious downloads threads for one file and here you get error.

As for browser error, click Download, it will open new link, then you get option to choose what to do with file (download or download with manager) and after choosing any method try clicking "Click here!".

Firefox 56. Actually it's fork (Waterfox 56.0.4) but that shouldn't matter.

Thanks. I'll try to reproduce this during the weekend and will let you know how it goes.

Quick question. Does it works when you're using "Download Master" with >=2 threads on Firefox (not Waterfox)?

And finally, just to make sure everything else is OK. Can you do a scan/clean with AdwCleaner?

Regards.

Thanks. I'll try to reproduce this during the weekend and will let you know how it goes.

Quick question. Does it works when you're using "Download Master" with >=2 threads on Firefox (not Waterfox)?

And finally, just to make sure everything else is OK. Can you do a scan/clean with AdwCleaner?

Regards.

cocochepeau, 2018-03-01 19:49:04 (UTC)

You are welcome.

1. Download Master fails with >=2 sections per download even if I just copy the download link and manually put it in Download Master. With 1 thread per file it works as expected. Download Master is a separate program (with optional addon) but yes, I tried FF52 too.

2. When file is not corrupted it works. After I encountered this problem I was afraid of viruses doing this and even scanned system with Autologger (AVZ, HiJackThis, CheckBrowsersLNK, RSIT) and then with a working ADWCleaner. Everything is virus-free.

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer.

Can you provide me a link to download Download Master ? I can only find outdated links or old versions.

Thanks.

Oh, snap! I have been using it for 7-10 years already and only now I found out it doesn't have English translashion (Turkish, Ukraine, Russia and Belarus only).

Here is a link for portable version http://download.downloadmaster.ru/dm/Download_Master_Portable.zip

But I ask to hold out until I suggest developer to create an English translation for it.

Hello,

I might have something that fixes the issue. I'll let you know as soon as it gets available.

Regards.

Hello,

Can you try again? It should be fixed.

Thanks.

Hello,

Can you try again? It should be fixed.

Thanks.

cocochepeau, 2018-03-19 18:14:09 (UTC)

Yes, it works :)

Sorry that I couldn't help with this manager I use. I just couldn't sign in to the forum of this manager and didn't have a reply from admin there.

No worries! Glad to know it works as expected. :)