HOW???????

After new version runs it is not retained by system.  Old version still in place.  

After downloading the new version, the product kept picking up my HP Support Assistant and one other HP Framework item as pre-installed software.  So I thought I followed the instructions, but somehow it deleted those HP items and would not let me restore them.  I have now been trying to restore these items through HP's site which after 45 minutes has not been successfull.  So until whatever this adwCleaner pre-installation mess is straightened out; I'm not using it.  Thanks for all the extra work.

Re: Uninstall current version-Pre Installation software deleted-unable to restore

should have put them in the quarantine folder..search them in it

;)

Re: Continuing problems with AdwCleaner 7.4.0 scan- No useful assistance.

Still having problems with latest download.Scan continues to pickup pre-installed software from HP which I DO NOT WANT to remove.  The 1st time I did that it deleted an important self diagnostic product called HP Support Assistant.  It took me forever to reinstall and I'm not sure that it's complete.  I cannot afford to call HP for their assistance.

Right now the dashboard shows 143 total detections.  I can't find these anywhere to get more information.  I certainly don't remember deleting 143 items.  2 of these are always my HP software items. I never get the next process box where it asks if you want to repair and restart.  And I no longer get the box that says the process is complete.

Going to try to get this info to Malwarebytes also as I haven't received any useful information here.

Re: Uninstall current version-Pre Installation software deleted-unable to restore

Greetings,

I invite you to read the announcement regarding Pre-installed software by following this link: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/249679-adwcleaner-74/

You should also be able to retrieve "lost" files from the Quarantine.

If you want to manually reinstall HP Support Assistant, you don't need to call HP for their assistance, you can follow this link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

If you don't want to remove HP Support Assistant again, you can simply add an exclusion.

Finally, can you share the latest scan and clean logfiles generated by AdwCleaner? The "143 total detections" from the Dashboard means AdwCleaner has previously detected (and probably removed) 143 detections, it doesn't mean you currently have 143 detections to clean.

Thanks,

as i've already well posted:

" You should also be able to retrieve "lost" files from the Quarantine. "

;)