user_avatar****

After a clean install, to clear up various snags, W7 has '123' updates to install. Then there's all the programs I had installed!

I've got to reload them all and this takes hours. There must be an easier way to get a clean install. Any suggestions? must be simple, as I'm an ancient silvery browser!

JaggieThistle-345

Re: Windows W7 Home Premium -Clean Install

Greetings,

After a clean install, to clear up various snags, W7 has '123' updates to install. Then there's all the programs I had installed!

I've got to reload them all and this takes hours. There must be an easier way to get a clean install. Any suggestions? must be simple, as I'm an ancient silvery browser!

JaggieThistle-345

JaggieThistle-345, 2015-09-02 10:16:29 (UTC)

The only way I know is to install at least Windows 7 with SP1 (it includes a lot of updates but not all of them). You can also use a custom installation disc using NTLite but it requires to run a full installation / update one time before creating it.

I found a huge tutorial explaing everything. I hope it can be usefull to you in any way.

-> https://www.raymond.cc/blog/create-an-integrated-up-to-date-windows-7-install-disc/

Regards.

This thread is closed. Therefore, you can no longer contribute to it.