As i do everyday, today I scanned my computer with Adwcleaner after updating the 5.111 version to the 5.112 version, as the sftware advised me to do.

When the scan was finished (telling me no malicious software had been found on my computer), I was shocked to find out there no longer was a Chrome thumbsmark and therefore presumably my Google Chrome browser hadn't be scanned. It happens to be my default browser that I use daily, whereas I only occasionally do so with Internet Explorer and Firefox (both broowsers are nevertheless set to be automatically updated)!

Why should such a thing happen after I updated Adwcleaner from its 5.111 version to its 5.112 version, when prompted to do so by the software? And what can be done about it?

A few months ago, the same thing happened with Internet Explorer  (no more thumbsmark), but because I would never use that browser if it weren't for Vlc which won't run on either Chrome or Firefox, I shrugged it off. Now I realize I probably shouldn't have done so.  Because, if the same thing should happen to Firefox after an update of Adwcleaner, then it might no longer scan either of my browsers! Then Adwcleaner would lose a lot of its usefulness and reliability to me!

I have never touched Adwcleaner's default settings. There are only 2 default options : delete "tracing keys" and reset Winsock settings.

My computer runs on Windows 8.1 64 bits OEM.

I daily use (and check for updates) various security and cleaning software :

• Windows Defender
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (running automatically in the backgrund)
  • Junkware Removal Tool
  • Adwcleaner
  • Ccleaner

I haven't downloaded  any new software recently.

So please tell me what can be done to remedy this situation

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Re: Adwcleaner 5.112 and Google Chrome 50.0.2661.75 m (latest version)

Hello,

In v5.000, "Internet Explorer" tab had been removed because IE settings are stored in the registry, therefore keys are now listed under "Registry" tab.

In v5.111, "Chrome" tab had been removed because now there is an option "Reset Chrome preferences". Prior to this version, you should manually select entries that you wanted to remove inside Chrome preferences files, and this was not as effective as if you reset chrome preferences, that's why we prefered to add this new option which is disabled by default.

Regards,