I don't know why, but every time I run ADWCleaner it wants to remove Reimage Repair.  I don't want this removed.  

Can anyone tell me why ADWCleaner wants to?

Re: ADWcleaner wants to remove Reimage Repair

Hello,

Can you share the whole logfile please ? (usually from C:\AdwCleaner\).

Thanks,

I don't know why, but every time I run ADWCleaner it wants to remove Reimage Repair.  I don't want this removed.  

Can anyone tell me why ADWCleaner wants to?

alowe56, 2016-08-10 01:03:58 (UTC)

The answer to your question is very simple. AdwCleaner is a tool designed to remove PUP, Adware and browser hijackers.

According to different analyses, "Reimage Repair" is classified as PUP/Adware like you can see for example here:

• https://www.herdprotect.com/reimagerepair.exe-6b7a59a6d8f4ae91325c371c4b280aa3f78c97e1.aspx

• https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/4d5d8541920ee33b7a276ee87f9281e13d989fcf91fe457809ad5562736b3be9/analysis/

• http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Reimage-Repair-10452-program.aspx

Unfortunately, a lot of users (like you) install PUP/Adware and are not aware of it.

If there was something other than Reimage Repair, I might understand, but, that is ALL that ADWcleaner found.  I've done some checking, and depending on the source, some think Reimage is PUP/Adware, and some don't.  All I know is, it cleared up a number of problems I was having, so I'm kind of reluctant to remove it.

Well, ADWCleaner wins.  I did another check and found a series of PUPs that were not present before I installed Reimage Repair.  Now I've got to try to find another program that will work as well as Reimage Repair did.  It really did fix a lot of problems.  Of course, trying to infect my system with PUPs and adware doesn't endear the program to me.  

Thank you for everything.

Hi There,

My name is Steve and I handle the Reimage Repair operations.  We're big fans of Adwcleaner and would like to address this thread directly in hopes of some feedback.  

Over the years Reimage was subjigated to years of online abuse, bundling, browser extention and POP traffic.  Since 2015 we have stopped all bundling efforts, search takeover and anything that would be considered uncompliant.  We underwent a major compliancy overhaul led by Symantec  Since then Remage has been Whitelisted by All Major AV's and is in direct cooperation with many of them.

The only main obstacle remaining is Adwcleaner.  Currently Adwcleaner is detecting Reimage and it's causing a lot of damage to our paid users.  If anyone can assist me in receiving a direct response or requesting a re-evaluation, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Hi,

Your message is a big joke. Reimage is a crapware. Many people complain every day on all forums. Adware are advertising for Reimage. When people pay for Reimage, they have huge bills. They have an unwanted subscription and they are struggling to stop it.

Reimage has 50,000+ active paid users.  At these volumes it's impossible to avoid negative feedback, not to mention years of questionable advertising methods.  I can show you negative feedback on everyone from Malwarebytes to Microsoft citing the exact same complaints you listed above

Reimage has a very simple purchase funnel and a 60 day money back guarantee with 24/7 customer service.  We also don't have auto renewals so suggesting we overcharge users is baseless. 

Yes, Reimage used to advertise on a lot of Adware, toolbars, Ad injections..etc this has caused a lot of problems that we're still delaing with.  However Reimage may have advertised through Adware carriers, but never infected PC's with Adware, that is nonsense. Regarding the product, we work with the leading AV API and have close ties with the security industry.  Run Reimage on a clean computer and base your review on that, not something based on previous management and advertising methods.

Thanks for chiming in with such an eloquent post though, feedback is always appreciated. 

In spite of my last message, I had reason to RE-install and use Reimage again.  I have now become very, VERY wary of sites I visit on this computer, so I can avoid using ADWClearner on it.  IF there are any sites I want to visit of a "questionable" nature, I use a different computer.  Either my laptop or my tablet.  I then run ADWCleaner to clear them of any PUPs or viruses or whatever they may have contracted.  

UNTIL ADWCleaner stops treating Reimage like a virus to be cleaned out, I will not be using it on my main system.  I have found Reimage to be too valuable.  And I learned the source of the PuPs I thought were installed by Reimage, actually came from a different source.  

Thank you.

Unlike Reimage, cleaning with Malwarebytes or AdwCleaner is free.

The best thing you can do is delete your company.

So "rei", stop using the nickname "alowe56" to advertise for Reimage.

You are spotted, you write the same manner, by putting two spaces after the period for example...

Destrio5, Rei and I are not the same person.  So keep your crap to yourself.

Thanks for the support alowe56.  Reimage has been playing by strict guidlines for just over 1 year now.  I am very confident in how the operation is run today.

Destrio5 - Hard not to laugh at that comment as pretty much everyone with a 5th grade education puts 2 spaces after a period.  As you an see online, we don't do much (or any) damage control on user feedback.  We also wouldn't pose as a customer to win over your appeal :)

Nice to see a happy customer :)

Reimage has 50,000+ active paid users.

rei, 2016-10-19 15:31:22 (UTC)

Would you please give us an official link where we could safely download subj for testing? Google leads only to a various software collection sites.

Hi Sandor.

Please download it directly from the homepage www.reimageplus.com 

Interested in some feedback.  

Thanks,

OK, downloaded it, installed and ran.

IMHO, this is simple so called scareware. It found on my system one "trojan"

This is driver from well known tool AVZ. And I haven't tool to decline this "cure" and more, I have to buy a key to do something with this detection.

No quite, Very quick to jump to conclusions there, almost like it's premeditated. It may just be a case of a False Positive, as I mentioned we use 3rd party API of a very well known AV.  Our scans and errors reported are checked regularly and thoughroughlly by all the leading AV's, the Scareware accusation is completely baseless.

In order to understand why Reimage Repair is flagging this specific file, we need the log from your Reimage scan or at least the flagged file MD5.  

Please provide this an I will be happy to go into further detail.

Thanks,