Hello,

It looks like AdwCleaner (any version above 7.0.5.0) will not install on my Win 10 64bit PC after it was updated with MS's Fall Creator's Update. When trying to install versions 7.0.70 and the current 7.0.8.0 I get an error stating,       "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher" This happens if I try to install as administrator, under regular Windows10 mode, Win8 and Win7 compatibility modes. 

I have MalwareBytes 3.3.1 and McAfee AV running at the time. 

Any ideas on why AdwCleaner would suddenly stop running/installing?

Thanks

Re: AdwCleaner will not install on Win10 64-bit PC

Greetings,

Are you able to run AdwCleaner if you disable McAfee realtime protection?

Regards.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I did disable the McAfee firewall and realtime scanner protection and received the same error (This app can't run on your PC...). I'll try installing it in safe mode. 

Hello,

OK, please let my know how it goes using it in safe mode.

Thanks.

No luck. The PC won't enter safe mode. It just shuts down. Ran sfc /scannow - no errors. Also tried disabling Windows Defender  - same error comes up.

Additional Note - 2/19/18: I logged in under a separate accoun that also has local admin privileges. On login Win10 updated some Creators Update files and allowed me to install/run AdwCleaner 7.0.8.0. After reboot I tried running AdwCleaner under the original account and this time it ran fine.   

Do you have the logfiles generated by AdwCleaner?

Thanks.

Here is the one from the session that ran right after it installed correctly. AdwCleaner doesn't seem to like Wise and Auslogics applications; it found them and quarantined them, which is fine. Now, the issue with AdwCleaner not installing was occuring before Wise or Auslogics apps were installed.

# AdwCleaner 7.0.8.0 - Logfile created on Mon Feb 19 19:47:12 2018 # Updated on 2018/08/02 by Malwarebytes  # Database: 02-16-2018.1 # Running on Windows 10 Home (X64) # Mode: scan # Support: https://www.malwarebytes.com/support

***** [ Services ] *****

No malicious services found.

***** [ Folders ] *****

PUP.Optional.TweakBit, C:\ProgramData\BSD\DriverHive PUP.Optional.TweakBit, C:\ProgramData\Application Data\BSD\DriverHive PUP.Optional.TweakBit, C:\Users\All Users\BSD\DriverHive PUP.Optional.Legacy, C:\ProgramData\BSD\DriverHiveEngine PUP.Optional.Legacy, C:\ProgramData\Application Data\BSD\DriverHiveEngine PUP.Optional.Legacy, C:\Users\All Users\BSD\DriverHiveEngine PUP.Optional.Legacy, C:\Users\klimi\AppData\Roaming\Wise Euask PUP.Optional.AuslogicsDriverUpdater, C:\ProgramData\Auslogics PUP.Optional.AuslogicsDriverUpdater, C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Auslogics PUP.Optional.AuslogicsDriverUpdater, C:\Program Files (x86)\Auslogics PUP.Optional.AuslogicsDriverUpdater, C:\Users\All Users\Auslogics

***** [ Files ] *****

No malicious files found.

***** [ DLL ] *****

No malicious DLLs found.

***** [ WMI ] *****

No malicious WMI found.

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

No malicious shortcuts found.

***** [ Tasks ] *****

No malicious tasks found.

***** [ Registry ] *****

PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\BSD PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus, [Key] - HKU\S-1-5-21-1898957877-693540421-2115854984-1002\Software\BSD Adware.pokki, [Key] - HKU\S-1-5-21-1898957877-693540421-2115854984-1003\Software\Host App Service Adware.pokki, [Key] - HKU\S-1-5-21-1898957877-693540421-2115854984-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Host App Service Adware.pokki, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Host App Service Adware.pokki, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Host App Service PUP.Optional.Auslogics, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\BSD PUP.Optional.Auslogics, [Key] - HKU\S-1-5-21-1898957877-693540421-2115854984-1002\Software\BSD PUP.Optional.WiseFolderLock, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{D4EF86C3-77D7-4F82-BBB8-6DFFAB6E2D32} PUP.Optional.AuslogicsDriverUpdater, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Auslogics

***** [ Firefox (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Firefox entries.

***** [ Chromium (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Chromium entries.

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt ##########

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer.

Indeed, Auslogics is considered as PUP by AdwCleaner. Did you manage to run the cleaning process?

Yes, AdwCleaner finally installed and ran normally. I removed the Auslogics stuff so it won't zap it. I hope version 7.0.9.0 and above keeps working!

Thanks