How to fix "sqlite3.dll" error
The following guide is only working with the version 6.x of AdwCleaner.
From time to time, the error "sqlite3.dll is corrupted or has been replaced" shows up. This comes from a security check done by AdwCleaner, which raises an error if the file "sqlite3.dll" is supposed to be different from the one we expect.
It's usually caused by an external software which manage to replace in some ways our customized sqlite3.dll.
Please find below several methods to fix this problem.
Cleaning with CCleaner
- Download CCleaner, and install it.
- Start CCleaner (there should be a shortcut on your Desktop).
- Go in Options tab > Advanced, untick Only delete Windows temporary files older than 24 hours.
- Then in Options tab > Surveillance, untick the both boxes.
- In the Clean tab, click on "Clean".
Then, start again AdwCleaner.
In most cases, this process should fix the issue. If it does not:
In some very specific cases, the first method doesn't work. The next step available is to uninstall AdwCleaner, and reinstall it again.
- Launch AdwCleaner.
- Click on File > Uninstall.
- Download AdwCleaner from the official link and start it again, the issue should be fixed.
If the issue still persists..
Please get in touch!