When I scan my laptop by AdwCleaner 7, in the middle working, it shows a window: "*** Caught unhandled unknown exception, terminating." and then hanging up. What's wrong with it?

Re: My AdwCleaner has a problem

Can you use this version instead and tell us if that's ok?  

How can I download AdwCleaner 7.0.1.0 (beta) ? Thanks.

Hello,

As Regist said, and please decline the update when prompted (click on [Cancel]).

Thanks,

Thanks, but the problem still been there. The AdwCleaner 7.0.1.0 still hangs up!

Have you had any other success determining the issue? Have you tried first scanning with Malwarebytes and then AdwCleaner afterward? What OS are you running and which version? Because that might cause an issue with compatibility (Very rare case). Try launching the application in the admin mode? This guide also has more info about compatibility, IF it is the issue. Speculating at this point. Let me know how it goes.

@ayeye, Can you activate the debug mode (go to Tools > Options > tick "debug"), do a scan and a clean to trigger the crash. Then, please share the file C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner_Debug.log

Oh! As your advice, I did it, and AdwCleaner worked OK. Thank you very much, Mr.Developer!  (I don't know how to share the file "AdwCleaner_Debug.log" to Forum). Sorry.

Hi,

Same problem and same message : "*** Caught unhandled unknown exception, terminating."

Activating Debug from Tools menu does not solve anything.

I cannot even close the message of error, the close button is grey, so I have to close adwcleaner via Task Manager.

Hello,

I'm working on it and try to address this asap. I'll keep you posted.

I am having the same issue.  ***Caught unhandled unknown exception, terminating" & hangs up.

Hello,

Are you using the latest version of AdwCleaner (7.0.2.1 as I speak) ?

=> https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

Regards.

I got that too, I noticed i always got wrong Chcksums from the author's site.

I tried with different browser to no avail, then tried and made it from Filehippo with right checksum.

Now running it, it told me it's an old version and I should download the newer one, though everything seems right as above and in "about" info

thanks, everything 's fine now :)

Hello,

Since everything is working, I'm closing this thread.

Regards.

This thread is closed. Therefore, you can no longer contribute to it.