Hi,

I'm working with Interstat, a marketing research firm developping a suite of suite of Excel Add-Ins for our customers. It is similar as tools such as xlStats if you will.

Our softwares are not distributed to the general public but only to our licensed customers. I just noticed that Our registry keys and application path are flagged in the latest version of ADWcleaner.

%appdata%\Interstat

HKCU\Softwares\Interstat

I'm really surprised by this as we have a very limited and monitored number of users.

I'd appreciate if you could work with me to help me understand why we are currently flagged.

Thank you

--

Damien THIRION

Interstat User Assistance

Re: False Positive - Interstat Softwares

Ok, I think I get it. InterStat seems to be also the name of a known adware...

We are Interstat SAS (France) and have nothing to do with the adware one. I personally use AdwCleaner for some years now, and it never interfered with our legit softwares. A recent update in the detection base seems to target our softwares too now. 

%appdata%\Interstat

HKCU\Softwares\Interstat

What should we do to fix this ?

Thanks,

--

Damien THIRION

Interstat User Assistance

Just a suggestion. Since the adware is known as Interstat (as is your software) change the installation of your software to InterstatSAS or something besides just Interstat. Might help.

Thank you for your suggestion, rufus, I was considering this as well.

Is there a way I could receive guidelines from the Xplode team to prevent our product to be flagged if the detection cannot be fixed in our case ?

EDIT: Here is the detection log: http://pastebin.com/jxGFeXzj

Thank you for your help

Hello,

Infortunately, we don't have any other efficient solution at a short-term than renaming your the folder/key..

Sorry,