As seen in the title,the new version literally told me my world of warcraft beta would be a "threat" and continued deleting the whole thing making my 20gb download literally a waste of time. Im pretty pretty sure this shouldnt be detected or labeled as a thread or am i missing something? here the log:  

# ------------------------------- # Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 7.1.0.0 # ------------------------------- # Build:    04-12-2018 # Database: 2018-04-14.2 # Support:  https://www.malwarebytes.com/support # # ------------------------------- # Mode: Clean # ------------------------------- # Start:    04-15-2018 # Duration: 00:00:03 # OS:       Windows 10 Home # Cleaned:  1 # Failed:   0

***** [ Services ] *****

No malicious services cleaned.

***** [ Folders ] *****

Deleted       C:\Program Files (x86)\WORLD OF WARCRAFT BETA  (i cut of here)

Re: Newest adw version detects world of warcraft beta as a threat and deletes the whole thing.

@Fleks what anti virus are you rinning?  Where did you download World of Warcraft from ?

Julie

Re: Newest adw version detects world of warcraft beta as a threat and deletes the whole thing.

Via the battlenet application of course. There is litrally no way this is an actual threat or PUP im rather reporting this as a false positive and want a confirmation for that so it can get fixed :) Blizzard itself gives you access to this alpha/beta and opens the download for you,so i highly doubt theres anything even close to a threat.

Edit: the version before the 12th of april did not do this,just to clarify on that - neither are my WoW and my WoW PTR detected so highly unlikely this isnt a false positive

Hello,

This is indeed a false positive. It'll be fixed in the next release.

Did you try to restore the deleted folder using the quarantine?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I did ofc and it works again like it should - as stated above this is more of a "hey thats a clear false positive" in case your team wasnt aware :) so it gets fixed.  

Hello;

We're working on this FP and we'll keep you posted.

appreciated,hope it was of help eventho it sounded like this was known to you guys before

edit: in case you deleted the folder via adwcleaner you have to restore it and then locate the folder so your battlenet knows where the files are. otherwise its gonna re download it all. just restored it now so yea now i just have to remember to not delete it again when using adwcleaner again x) also the new version fixed the false positive: greast and fast!

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer.

The detection should no longer happen with 7.1.1.