As seen in the title,the new version literally told me my world of warcraft beta would be a "threat" and continued deleting the whole thing making my 20gb download literally a waste of time. Im pretty pretty sure this shouldnt be detected or labeled as a thread or am i missing something? here the log:  

# ------------------------------- # Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 7.1.0.0 # ------------------------------- # Build:    04-12-2018 # Database: 2018-04-14.2 # Support:  https://www.malwarebytes.com/support # # ------------------------------- # Mode: Clean # ------------------------------- # Start:    04-15-2018 # Duration: 00:00:03 # OS:       Windows 10 Home # Cleaned:  1 # Failed:   0

***** [ Services ] *****

No malicious services cleaned.

***** [ Folders ] *****

Deleted       C:\Program Files (x86)\WORLD OF WARCRAFT BETA  (i cut of here)

Re: Newest adw version detects world of warcraft beta as a threat and deletes the whole thing.

@Fleks what anti virus are you rinning?  Where did you download World of Warcraft from ?

Julie

Re: Newest adw version detects world of warcraft beta as a threat and deletes the whole thing.

Via the battlenet application of course. There is litrally no way this is an actual threat or PUP im rather reporting this as a false positive and want a confirmation for that so it can get fixed :) Blizzard itself gives you access to this alpha/beta and opens the download for you,so i highly doubt theres anything even close to a threat.

Edit: the version before the 12th of april did not do this,just to clarify on that - neither are my WoW and my WoW PTR detected so highly unlikely this isnt a false positive

Hello,

This is indeed a false positive. It'll be fixed in the next release.

Did you try to restore the deleted folder using the quarantine?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I did ofc and it works again like it should - as stated above this is more of a "hey thats a clear false positive" in case your team wasnt aware :) so it gets fixed.  

Hello;

We're working on this FP and we'll keep you posted.

appreciated,hope it was of help eventho it sounded like this was known to you guys before