Hello ive started using some online sites for studys the last days - file some stuff and get money/points etc BUT everytime i do a survey on "https://www.meinungsstudie.de/" it loads the sites on a url named "surveymyopinion" So if i run adwcleaner (current version) after doing that i get 4-8 PUP'S which all have entries verifying it is from "surveymyopinion" in some folders. Now the question: Harmless or not?  

Heres an example of what adwcleaner reports under registry (file which opens after a full scan.) "

***** [ Registry ] *****

PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\endlinks.researchnow.com PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\researchnow.com PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\survey-d.researchnow.com PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\surveymyopinion.researchnow.com PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\endlinks.researchnow.com PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\researchnow.com PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\survey-d.researchnow.com PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\surveymyopinion.researchnow.com "

Suggestions?

Re: PUP's from online studies - harmless or not?

Hello Sakurasanta 86,

I had this same question yesterday from another user. I would delete the above through adw cleaner.  My advice do not take surveys.  Also look here at the same question https://toolslib.net/forum/viewthread/14338-pups-online-studies-harmless-or-not/

Hope this helps.

Julie

just seen this one too you can to the surveys with edge as browser and just check under settings to delete cookies after every session -> no PUP's at all. The site just uses cookies to give you better ad's for you to potentialy make money - nothing to worry about. the moment you delete cookies,the pups are gone - check the option to do it baseline with each session closing and you dont even have additional work.

wondering why you literally just copied my exact text instead of reading the other thread? (i mean to copy it,you were in there clearly so lazy much?)

Hi Fleks,

wondering why you literally just copied my exact text instead of reading the other thread? (i mean to copy it,you were in there clearly so lazy much?)   <------- Could you explain this sentence?  Thanks.

Julie

he copied exactly what i wrote in my thread so therefor he was there in the first place. so why didnt he just read the answers there instead of making a whole new thread out of it.