I am bad at this kind of stuff, so apologies if I am missing something obvious.

Today in a scan a "tracing key" is detected after a scan with adwcleaner, deleted it and right after restart I scanned again. Same key was detected again. Malwarebytes scan didn't detect anything. After 2 more deletions with adwcleaner I thought I would ask here for help since it still keeps popping up in adwcleaner. Here is the last log file:

# AdwCleaner v5.119 - Logfile created 07/06/2016 at 00:50:42
# Updated 30/05/2016 by Xplode
# Database : 2016-06-06.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (X64)
# Username : Orange - ORANGE1
# Running from : D:\Downloads\adwcleaner_5.119.exe
# Option : Scan
# Support : http://toolslib.net/forum

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLL ] *****

***** [ WMI ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

Re: Tracing key keeps coming back after deletion, help?

Hi there,

I have exactly the same result since this evening... Glad i'm not the only one here :)

Hey hey hey! same here too. Puzzled me a great deal. So what is it and why is it coming up ?

Same here, have posted to 2 other forums to see if anyone finds. My findings : Avira crashes but I suspect the last update to be the cause MBAM, ZHPdiag, rKill don't find anything Windows defender says it has found something butI have to wait until the end (loooong) of the scan to know what it is, so that'll be tomorrow morning. Really hoping it's a false positive

Funny enough, I have this issue as well.

I was about to post a thread just like it.

Hello,

It has been fixed with the current update. It was harmless to delete this key, so nothing to worry if you pressed the (Clean) button with this element ticked.

Best regards,

I have got 5.119 which is the latest update and it still detects that registry key ...

Greetings, 

I have got 5.119 which is the latest update and it still detects that registry key ...

ToineMPSI, 2016-06-07 11:15:27 (UTC)

it's not related to AdwCleaner's version, you need to get the latest database updates.

Regards.

Ah thank you very much, I was offline trying to fix some other virus issue so it didn't update.  All is fixed now thanks a lot !

For you folks probably a simple question: how do I get the latest database update?

Hello,

@AlexBlack

You should get it automatically when clicking on the "Scan" button with an active internet connection.

@fr33tux

Thanks!!! ... for any reason the database didn't update itsself the last days after activating the "Scan" button ... but now it worked and the tracing key disappeared